Sheshequin Township Planning Commission
Draft 05/05/04 Meeting Minutes
Members present: Eric Matthews, Laura Blain, Ty Reynard, Skip Smith, Eugene Weisbrod, Karen Graber-Wright; absent: Greg Grenier, Bryce Sheffler, Rob Sweppenheiser
President Eric Matthews called the meeting to order at 7:00.
The next meeting will be June 2, 2004 at 7:00 at the township building.
Approval of minutes:
A Smith/Reynard motion was passed to accept the April minutes as written.
Public comment and questions:
· Township Planner Spring 2004 edition - Understanding variances
· Township Planning Association Membership - Sheshequin Township belongs. Janet does not have the password to gain access to the website resources. Janet was asked to look for a password or obtain a password but has not found it yet.
· There is a problem with the stone and logging ordinances related to road load ratings. What are our options to prevent damage to Township roads?
· Comprehensive plan: Laura will contact Steve to request a copies of comprehensive plans of other townships of similar sizes.
· Draft of county plan resides with Greg Grenier.
· Lackawanna Junior College - Eric and Gene to attend course entitled "Community Planning" on June 2, 9, and 16 2004 from 6:00 to 9:30. Laura is the alternate.
· Group is to think about items to pursue in our comprehensive plan. Suggestions include a Township building, garage, salt shed, equipment, trucks, roads, etc.
· Karen Graber-Wright is planning to attend the next Township Supervisor's meeting. Alternate is Skip Smith.
· Question raised if we should use "Sheshequin" in our mailing address. Laura to study and bring a proposal forward.
· Ty Reynard verbally informed the group of his decision to resign from the Planning Commission.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:25 p.m.