Sheshequin Township Planning Commission
07/07004 DRAFT Meeting Minutes
Members present: Greg Grenier, Eric Matthews, Ty Reynard, Bryce Sheffler , Eugene Weisbrod; absent: Laura Blain, Karen Graber-Wright, Skip Smith, Rob Sweppenheiser,
President Eric Matthews called the meeting to order at 7:14.
The next meeting will be August 4, 2004 at 7:00 at the township building.
Approval of minutes: A Weisbrod/Sheffler motion was passed to table acceptance of the June minutes, due to a question about whether a quorum was present.
Public comment and questions: None.
· There is no option to prevent damage to Township roads without implementation of weight restrictions by an engineering study, which is too expensive for Sheshequin Township to do.
· Comprehensive plans - we have copies of the Bradford County plan and also that for Asylum Township. No other plans are needed at this time.
· Draft of county plan returned to Karen. Copy of county plan available on CD.
· Lackawanna Junior College - Eric and Gene to attended.
· Ty Reynard is still a Planning Commission member as the group never accepted his resignation. The group still consists of 9 members.
· Gene to contact Janet for a copy of the by-laws of the Planning Commission.
· The Township Supervisors, at the June meeting, directed the Planning Commission to put together a 5 to 10 year road improvement plan. Suggestions include a Township building, garage, salt shed, equipment, trucks, roads, etc. Eric will ask the roadmaster to attend the next planning commission meeting and to bring information regarding road issues and information.
· Gene and Eric discussed what they learned at the LJC course. Generally, a comprehensive plan is not required by law. However, it is a good idea to have one and may be required to obtain grants or funding from the state. It serves as the basis for ordinances and ultimately zoning. However, the comprehensive plan is not a document which provides for any enforceable actions - only ordinances and zoning are enforceable.
· Question raised in May if we should use "Sheshequin" in our mailing address. Laura to study and bring a proposal forward.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 p.m.