Sheshequin Township Planning Commission
Draft 2/07/07 Meeting Minutes
Members: (present by asterisk) *Karen Graber, *Greg Grenier, *Eric Matthews, *Bryce Sheffler, *Rob Sweppenheiser, *Eugene Weisbrod, *Ron Rogers; (absent: Laura Blain, Skip Smith)
Visitors: Malin Martin, Ray Stolinas
Chair, Eric Matthews called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m.
The next meeting will be March 7, 2007 at 7:00 at the Sheshequin Township Building.
Approval of minutes: January Minutes were passed as written by a Sweppenheiser/Matthews MOTION. The MOTION passed unanimously.
Public Hearing for the Sheshequin Comprehensive Plan:
· Jerry Place thanked the planning commission for their hard work with the comprehensive plan. He added some historical information to be included into the plan as well.
· Gregg Grenier recommended updating/newer photo of the Trinket Church building that will be on the front of the comprehensive plan.
· There was a suggestion of a photo of the Ulster Bridge also.
· Rob Sweppenheiser discovered a math error found on page 108 of the draft plan, which needs to be corrected.
· After all discussion a Sweppenheiser/ Grenier MOTION to close the public comment part of the meeting. MOTION passed unanimously.
Communications: Eric Matthews informed the commission that there is grant money available to residents for driveways through a memo to the township from the Conservation District. He will bring details to the next meeting for those interested.
· The Planning Commission discussed with Mr. Ray Stolinas of the Bradford County Planning Commission the timing conflicts with our Planning Commission comment periods and the Township Supervisors approvals and his agency. Ray said that he would look into a way to solve this issue.
· Ron Rogers talk about the possibility of creating a monument with the old Ulster Bridge sign as a senior class project for local students.
Subdivisions: Ryan Babcock Subdivision After a brief discussion a Grenier/Sheffler MOTION to recommend approval of the sewer module to the Township Supervisors. MOTION passed unanimously.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 8:48 p.m. by a Graber/Sweppenheiser MOTION. The MOTION passed unanimously.