Sheshequin Township Planning Commission
08/04/04 DRAFT Meeting Minutes
Members present: *Laura Blain, *Karen Graber-Wright, *Greg Grenier, *Eric Matthews, *Ty Reynard, *Rob Sweppenheiser, *Eugene Weisbrod; members absent: Bryce Sheffler, Skip Smith
Visitors: Roadmaster Jerry Place, Township Supervisor Marshall Fuller
President Eric Matthews called the meeting to order at 7:06.
The next meeting will be September 1, 2004 at 7:00 at the township building.
Approval of minutes: A Reynard/Grenier motion was passed to accept the July minutes. A reading of the bylaws showed a quorum for this group is 4, and a Weisbrod/Sweppenheiser motion was passed to accept the June minutes.
Public comment and questions: None.
· A DEP communication/article in the Daily Review stated that Municipalities are not required to fix the creeks on private property. This was sent by Laura via e-mail to the distribution list.
· Janet sent a communication regarding a Subdivision And Land Development seminar at the Williamston Inn on 9/9/04 given by PSAT. $25 per person, or $20 for Planning Commission members. Ty might already be signed up. Laura was interested in attending. Weisbrod/Sweppenheiser motion pass to request that the fee(s) for any planning commission member wanting to attend be picked up by the Township.
· Ty Reynard presented information from Vestal Asphalt regarding the recommended type of oil and stone and coverage levels for tar and chipping dirt roads.
· " Question raised in May if we should use "Sheshequin" in our mailing address. Laura to study and bring a proposal forward.
· Subdivision to review: Joyce Edling Subdivision on Holman Hill. 2 lots for the purpose of residential habitation. Currently 1 lot with 2 houses, dividing to 2 lots with own septic, well, and driveway. Janet checked with the Bradford County Sanitation department and everything was acceptable. A Grenier/Blain motion was passed to recommend approval of the subdivision to the Township Supervisors.
· The Township Supervisors have asked the Planning commission to develop a 5 year plan to recommend improvements to the 50 miles of dirt township roads. Jerry Place gave a brief description of the types of roads and the difficulties they cause in terms of equipment and maintenance.
· A stream restoration is underway on Crowley Hill Road - Wysox Creek Watershed Association is involved.
· Eric Lundberg is to be invited to next month's meeting to provide further background information regarding roads.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 8:29 p.m.