Sheshequin Township Planning Commission
Draft 02/01/06 Meeting Minutes
Members present: Laura Blain, Greg Grenier, Eric Matthews, Ron Rogers, Skip Smith, Rob Sweppenheiser, Eugene Weisbrod; absent: Karen Graber, Bryce Sheffler
Visitors: Malin Martin, Gerald Place, Jim Shaw, Josh Brown, Herb Hewitt
President Eric Matthews called the meeting to order at 7:00.
The next meeting will be March 1, 2006 at 7:00 at the Sheshequin Township Building.
Approval of minutes: December meeting minutes were not available for approval. No meeting was held in January due to lack of advertising.
Reorganization and election of officers:
· Secretary: Blain/Sweppenheiser motion for Karen Graber - passed
· Vice Chairman: Sweppenheiser/Grenier motion for Gene Weisbrod - passed
· Chairman: Sweppenheiser/Rogers motion for Eric Matthews - passed
Public comment and questions:
· Jerry Place noted a problem in Hornbrook with septic, and correspondence on Shores subdivision.
· Malin Martin raised questions regarding the subdivision maps presented by Trish Banish in December. Josh Brown notes that the county has a paid reviewer to catch items we may miss due to our lack of expertise.
· Scott and Laura Shores subdivision: (Reference November meeting minutes) Stream bank stabilization plan approved by Bradford County Conservation District - meets minimum PA DEP requirements. There was a letter from the Bradford County Planning commission and the PA DEP regarding sewer planning, stating all was OK to proceed. A Grenier/Blain motion was passed to recommend the Township Supervisors accept the subdivision.
Communications: PSATS state convention 4/23 to 4/26 - Laura volunteered to attend. Eric plans to attend as Township Supervisor.
Road Plan: None.
· The three Planning Commission members whose terms expired in December 2005 were reappointed (Skip Smith, Bryce Sheffler, and Rob Sweppenheiser). Ron Rogers was appointed to replace Ty Reynard, whose term expires December 2008.
· Don't forget that all Planning Commission members are required to fill out the Ethics forms.
· Guest Speaker Herb Hewitt, representing the PA Farm Bureau, presented a powerpoint presentation on farming for our education.
· Josh Brown reviewed the results of the Visioning Workshop held November 16, 2005, at the Trinket Hall.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 9:13 p.m.